Saturday, November 27, 2010

How Martha Stewart Saved Turkey Day


So, I'm sure most of you are tired of seeing leftovers by now and could possibly pass out at the sight of another turkey leg, but I thought I would post a couple of pics from my adventures in cooking.

This year I got the genius idea to host Thanksgiving at my house. Being that I am from super far away and I couldn't afford to make the trip home this year, I thought it would be fun to invite friends over with my similar situation and have a day of games, food and fun.

There was only one problem! I had never cooked like that before in my entire life.

After panicking for a few days, I got myself together and started searching the net for Turkey Day recipes. I eventually came around to Martha Stewart Living and found a bucket load of recipes.

Martha saved the day!

I found everything I needed. Recipes for mashed potatoes, honey glazed carrots,green bean casserole, homemade rolls and a delicious apple tart.

With the help of my BF I added stuffed bell peppers, mac and cheese, and roasted turkey legs.

I had a tough time starting out with the rolls, but everything else came together pretty easily. Although I was exhausted at the end of it all, I couldn't believe how easy it was.

Our friends enjoyed the food and company, and the night ended as a success.

Viva la Martha!

No comments:

Post a Comment