Saturday, July 16, 2011

Andy Strolls in Chrome


Living in New York City is really interesting. It is a daily Love/Hate experience. One thing I do love is coming across the oddities and spectacles city life has to offer.

Rewind back to last week when I was passing through Union Square with my boyfriend and we came across what I thought, at first, was one of those statue people who stand very still in crowded places looking for donations and as soon as you tip them they move and you jump back twenty feet because you are both afraid of getting gold paint all over yourself but also how crazy someone probably is after covering themselves in gold paint everyday for chump change.

Either way, I thought it was a crazy person but it wasn't. It was a statue of Andy Warhol. The chrome finished statue definitely made me smile. Andy Warhol was such a complexed and somewhat funny person. His quotes and ideas make me laugh, but mostly because they are so true.

You can see The Andy Monument by Rob Pruitt on the North Western end of Union Square in NYC.

For more info on The Andy Monument visit http://www.publicartfund.org/robpruitt/

No comments:

Post a Comment