Monday, January 24, 2011

Breaking Blonde with K-Stew

I'm sure most of you have seen this by now and I bet you probably had to do the same neck breaking double-take it took me to realize it was Kristen Stewart.
So, I'm just gonna say it...
WTF Vogue?!?!
 I'm not put off by the blonde hair, and I'm not really turned off by how she is styled but what bothers me is the combination of the two. There is no resemblance of her in these photos and it doesn't look right. Not to mention, they've aged her dramatically. She looks nearly 30, which is a lot for some one that is only 20. I think this concept went off the rails for them. I'm not saying she has to look the same all the time, but unless this was an artsy shoot with heavy art direction, I think they should have centered the photos more closely around who she is, as opposed to creating something so vastly unfamiliar and distant from who we know her to be.




For most of us, this is how we are used to seeing Kristen Stewart. Edgy, looking slightly uncomfortable, but still not looking like she could give a flying bleep. All of which is cool, because it sort makes her a little more real. I would hang out with Nylon K-Stew, but not with Vogue K-Stew. Vogue K-Stew looks like she should be auditioning for one of the mom roles on 'Gossip Girl'. And that is just awful. Nobody likes 'Gossip Girl'.




Vogue isn't the first time we've seen K-Stew rocking the light locks. In 2007 'In the Land of Women' she played that angsty teen roll she does so well alongside blonde icon Meg Ryan.

No comments:

Post a Comment