Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The Book of Mormon Takes All

Sister Act high steps their high notes in their Tony debut.
So, this Sunday I was super disappointed in myself for forgetting to DVR the Tony Awards. I couldn't wait to see clips of Daniel Radcliffe getting his dance on in How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying, the cast of Sister Act nunning it up to a beat, and most excitingly getting to see if the cast of Spiderman: Turn Off the Dark can get through a performance in one piece.  

Daniel Radcliffe can't contain
 his jazz hands in
How to Succeed in Business
Without Really Trying.

Spiderman: Turn Off the Dark
attempts for the first
time a performance in the light.
 Well, thank goodness there is this fabulous little website called,  YouTube.
That's where I found the clip that won me over. Andrew Rannells' performance of "I Believe" from The Book of Mormon was too funny and clever to..believe. You have to watch the clip to know what I'm talking about. After this, you won't want to see any other show on Broadway (Sorry Daniel). 

Unfortunately, seeing this show live anytime soon will be tough if you hadn't already bought a ticket for it 3 or 4 months ago. My pals that work for some of the big Broadway ticketing services say that the show is SOLD OUT for 
several months. That includes stand-by tickets. If you have any Broadway connections, tis would be the time to pull them.

The Book of Mormon took home the night's top honor, Best Musical. Get your tickets now, for Christmas...if you can wait that long.









No comments:

Post a Comment