Sunday, May 22, 2011

A Saturday at the Met




New York has been a gross puddle lately and no one has enjoyed it, except my boyfriend whom for some reason enjoys rainy days (he's cute but strange sometimes). Either way, Saturday was a gorgeous diversion from our recent mucky muck fest. We even got a little sunshine for a whole 8 hours.

For me and my boyfriend's day off together we decided to visit the MET, where we saw the Alexander McQueen exhibit. It was absolutely amazing and totally worth the visit up to the Upper East Side. They did a fabulous job, much better than last years American Woman exhibit, which was a total drag. McQueen was bold, colorful, edgy, daring, sexy, and fascinating. Really inspiring stuff. A must see if you are visiting or live in the NYC area.

After McQueen we wondered upstairs to the rooftop garden, which had a gorgeous view of the Manhattan skyline (from the middle). Once we finished our little photo session we took a little walk through Central Park, and then headed downtown to the East Village where we had just missed a parade that we weren't sure what the theme was. We dined on tacos at Hop Devil with some friends and then chilled at a bar where we watched a rather exciting horse race. The coverage nearly went on for an hour but the race itself was only 60 secs, but those 60 secs were rather exhilarating.

Well, for now we are back to rain clouds and muck but maybe my photos of sunshine, smiles and my cute coral dress can keep your day bright.

Top: A cute bag that I made at my old job. I pressed an image that my BF had drawn, onto a canvas tote. Added buttons and called it cute. It is small and light, which is why I love it. What is even better is that it is an original and I know that no one else has it.

Middle: Vintagy sunnies I bought at Anthropologie last year and have some how miraculously not broken or lost yet.

Bottom: Me at the rooftop garden at the Met. Feeling easy and breezy while soaking up some vitamin D.


No comments:

Post a Comment