Sunday, August 28, 2011

A Great Big Pile of Leaves-In My Head


Not too often do I share music on my little blog here, but this band has something I couldn't resist talking about.

I saw A Great Big Pile of Leaves (doesn't that name just make you wanna smile) about 2 or 3 months ago when they were opening for another band called, Happy Body Slow Brain (doesn't make me smile but it is indeed a thinker).

GBPL only played for some 30 minutes but I had never seen such a small crowd of people (whom I presume were all strangers) so pumped off this little nobody band from Brooklyn. There was fist pumping, jumping and general excitement. I felt myself bopping around to their brand of indie whatever.

I would recommend checking them out both live and on disc. If their video for "Alligator Bop" doesn't quite fit your taste (it is bizarre, I know but aren't all music videos these days), then check out their more toned down SXSW performance vid for "Vampires In Love".

Check out touring info for A Great Big Pile of Leaves here.

No comments:

Post a Comment